… is a multi-day crash course fully dedicated to future disruptions & discontinuities. During 5 online breakfast sessions you will learn more about how a blend of foresight, resilience & design approaches can help you map, understand & anticipate future disruptions potentially impacting your organization. Through lectures, Q&A and exercises you will enhance your futures literacy and skills, as well as apply learnings to your specific organizational context. Key tools and content utilised during the training sessions will be made available to participants.
what you will learn
- a general understanding of the why, what & how of foresight
- key characteristics of disruptions, discontinuities and related concepts (e.g. wild cards, weak signals)
- concrete examples of potential future disruptions & discontinuities
- to apply simple methods and tools (e.g. Pantopicon’s Future Discontinuity Canvas) to map, understand and anticipate disruptions within the context of your own organization
- to understand resilience as an antidote to disruptive fragility & how to enhance it
- how through creative/design skills analytical insight can be married with imagination, to engage audiences within and beyond your organization in actively engaging with futures in general and disruptions in particular
Each 1,5hour breakfast session will be concluded with a micro-assignment to prepare – individually or in group – on our online platform. The coaches will then build upon these in the next session.
Optional: 1-on-1 coaching session
For those wishing to delve deeper into certain aspects of the training (e.g. zooming in on exercise results specific to their resp. organization)
how much time you will spend
5×1,5hr of online coaching sessions
±5×1,5hr of micro-assignment work (individual & in teams)
who can participate
Any futures-curious professional – whether working in a public or private, profit or non-profit context – can reserve a seat, provided he or she participates in all sessions.
Important note: an important part of the learning experience relies on teamwork and complementary insight. Pantopicon therefore reserves the right to select and/or give precedence to candidates that enhance the mix of participants in order to maximise mutual learning between participants.
For similar reasons, we allow max 2 participants per organization (contact us for more information regarding in-house trainings should you be interested in training teams).
when will it be
The training sessions will take place on 30/04/21, 06/05/21, 12/05/21, 18/05/21, 21/05/21, from 8:30-10:00am cet
who will be your coaches
Nik Baerten & Nicole Rijkens (PhD) – co-founders Pantopicon
Bert Brugghemans – Pantopicon research partner
how much it costs
|Early bird fee (register before 15/03/21)||€1.950|
|1-on-1 coaching session||€500|
reserve your seat
Fill out the form.
Cancellation of participation to part or all of the training program must be communicated at least three weeks prior to the commencement of the training. A kill fee of 50% of the total quoted price will be due if cancellation occurs after this time.
Drop us a line here